Breville BES860xl Features and In-Depth Review
Enjoying homemade coffee every day when you wake up in the morning is really a sweet dream. The Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine with Grinder, or the Breville BES860XL for short, can make it possible for you to enjoy your morning coffee time leisurely. This espresso machine has high ratings from the feedback of former consumers, and it is a popular semi-automatic espresso machine. The Breville Barista Express can grind coffee beans consistently, and it produces a rich shot of espresso in just one minute.
If you want to be a qualified barista, there are a great many factors that come into play to master the perfect espresso. The optimal brew requires attention to detail in the areas of quality coffee beans, the proper grind, the optimal pump pressure, the perfect water temperature, the water filter capacity, the perfect tamping method, the shot extraction time, and so on. For those who lack training and experience, the whole espresso-making process requires the consumer to rely on the settings and features of the coffeemaker. For experienced baristas, it is easy to create different tastes by controlling any number of those variable factors. And the Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine is suitable for both novice and experienced users alike. Also, the Breville BES860XL carries the well-known Breville brand name, known for giving excellent overall performance in coffeemakers and espresso machines.
Main features of Breville BES860XL
- Integrated conical burr grinder and half-pound bean hopper. Stainless steel conical burrs evenly grind the maximum surface area of each coffee bean so that it can fully extract bean’s rich flavors and oils. To release the best espresso flavor, every shot should use freshly ground beans. The locking system of the bean hopper means the coffee beans can be easily removed, stored, and transferred.
- Grind size and grind amount selector dials. This design of the Breville Barista Express BES860XLallows users to choose grind settings from coarse to fine, while also specifying the quantity of freshly ground espresso suitable for the filter basket.
- Filter size option. Two filter basket options are offered with this espresso machine, and the indicator lets you tell the machine which type is being used — a single-wall or double-wall. The grinder will allocate the ideal quantity of ground coffee to suit the filter type.
- Hands-free grinding cradle. After pushing the portafilter into the grinding cradle, the freshly ground espresso will be allocated into the filter directly. The moment the programmed quantity has been allocated, grinding stops automatically.
- Auto-purge function. A great feature of the Breville BES860XL espresso machine barista expressis the automatic water temperature adjustment. After steaming, the unit maintains the ideal espresso extraction temperature.
- Removable drip tray. The tray is conveniently partitioned to handle both wet and dry spills. When the Breville Barista Express shows ‘Empty me,’ it indicates that the tray is full and in need of emptying.
- Pressure Gauge. This feature is for monitoring and controlling the pressure level to ensure the machine produces the perfect shot. In order to make the best extraction, the time should be strictly limited to between 15 and 30 seconds, with the espresso flow starting about 4 to 7 seconds after the extraction. Any mistake will lead to under or over extraction, and the pressure gauge prevents this.
- 54mm Tamper. The tamper of Breville barista express is conveniently magnetic for easy storage, yet still tamps easily. This feature is especially appreciated by experienced baristas.
- 67 Oz Water Tank. The water tank in the back of the Breville BES860XL Barista Expressis removable, making it easy to refill with water. The replaceable charcoal water filter aims to eliminating scaling, as well to remove any impurities in the water to ensure the purest, richest product.
- 60-Degree Swivel Action Steam Wand. What’s a cappuccino without the delicious foam? When making lattes and other drinks requiring frothing, the wand can be moved to every angle for expert results.
- Volumetric Control. Convenient and functional, the unit has 1 and 2-cup preset volumes. It’s also equipped with a manual override and reprogrammable shot quantity. This feature of the Breville Barista Expressallows users to make a suitable volume to avoid waste and meet individual needs.
- Thermocoil Heating System. With the integrated stainless steel water coil, the water temperature can be precisely controlled for best results.
- Espresso Pressure Gauge. This feature monitors the 15-bar pump for optimum espresso extraction pressure, crucial for the perfect cup.
- “Clean” Indicator. When the light is on, it means that users should begin a cleaning cycle. A cleaning kit is provided with purchase.
Customers’ reviews – Breville Barista Express
From reviews provided on Amazon, this unit boasts a score of 4.1 out of 5 stars, with well over 300 consumer reviews. The average Breville Barista Express review indicates that the product has a good reputation among customers. Most customers show a positive attitude towards it. Some praise its good quality overall, and affirm that it’s easy to clean. Some speak highly of the espresso taste, and claim that the results taste as good as drinks bought in a coffee shop. Others have realized that after owning it for a while, they have saved a great amount of money by making their drinks at home instead of going out to the café every day.
The following are the main pros and cons of the Breville BES860XL after a thorough review.
Pros of Breville Barista Express Bes860xl
- With the conical burr grinder, you can dispense the freshly ground espresso into the filter without using your hands, and the unit will grind the coffee beans evenly to fully release the taste of the coffee beans.
- This coffee maker can ensure a perfect temperature for shot with the thermocoil heating system and the 15-bar Italian pump.
- Cup warming tray is designed to warm cups to make an overall better espresso experience.
- There is a water filter in the water tank to filter impurities for the optimum taste and richness without any undesirable odors or flavors
- The whole process of the Breville machine can be completed in a few minutes. Users can enjoy delicious espresso quickly.
- The overall design is simple, yet classic and elegant.
Cons of Breville Barista Express BES860XL
- The price may be a little high for some customers
- The operation is as simple as other less complicated machines, so this coffee maker is not suitable for beginners. For someone just starting to experiment with espresso and the art of being a barista, a cheaper and less complex model is recommended. The Breville BES860XLwill be definitely a good choice for motivated or experienced baristas.
- The water tank indicator is designed in the back, not easily viewable from the front. Therefore, before every brewing, you should make sure the water level is at least half full.
- The milk frothing process may be a little longer than expected for some consumers.
Conclusion for Breville Bes860xl Review
Employing so many convenient features, the Breville BES860XL has been among the hot sellers on Amazon. For someone who wants to be an excellent barista for yourself, your family, and your friends, the Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine with Grinder will help you reach that goal. –>>Click to Find the Reviews, Discount info of Breville BES860XL..